Meet Me in Key West!
With the most romantic day of the year right around the corner, grab your sweetheart and escape the cold temperatures from up north by visiting our tropical island of Key West! Between the sun notoriously setting over the Gulf of Mexico horizon each and every night or the numerous sunset sails being offered on a daily basis; you cannot go wrong by planning a romantic getaway at the Key West Historic Seaport. Switch things up by spoiling your sweetheart with a romantic weekend he or she will never forget!
With so much to do and see around at the Key West Historic Seaport, we decided to play cupid and list our top five most romantic things that you could share with your special someone the next time you are in Key West.
- Did you know the SV Argo Navis is the last known boat built in Key West? Sailing year-round, the Argo Navis’s innovative technology and vision make for a truly remarkable experience. They have single-handedly elevated the meaning of “luxury.” Offering only the finest wines, craft beers, artisan cheeses and charcuterie; you truly cannot go wrong in spoiling your loved one abroad the Argo Navis. We a limited number of guests allowed to board each sunset sail, The Argo Navis really emphasizes on the importance of a romantic getaway.
- Established in 1988, Calypso Sailing knows a thing or two about luxury sailing. What we loved most about this premier sailing company is how many customized options you get when thinking of planning your trip. Whether you want to venture out for just a sunset sail or charter your own catamaran for an exclusive weekend getaway, undoubtedly Calypso Sailing has all your needs covered. They even work closely with different food ventures and you can hand-select the menu you’d like abroad your private, romantic, sailing adventure.
- Perfectly situated at the heart of the Key West Historic Seaport, Turtle Kraals is known for offering some of the best views of our island. Located on their second-floor deck, their Tower Bar is known for “its postcard-worthy views of boats pulling in and out of Key West harbor and against the backdrop of a color-streaked sunset sky.” If that isn’t enough of a selling point, we highly recommended ordering one of their ceviche flights and experiencing some of the freshest seafood in all of Key West.
- One of the sweetest things you can do when visiting Key West is to watch one of our many dolphins and aquatic animals swim and play around the island of Key West. At Wild Dolphin Adventures, you can do just that. Not only do they offer a nightly sunset cruise but their charters are customized around two things — Watching the gorgeous sunset over the Gulf of Mexico horizon and experience this while watching dolphins swim nearby. There truly is no better way to experience a JKey West sunset.
- Jack and Liliane Anderson first opened Local Color in 1986. After docking in Key West after an adventure on the family home, a 42-foot sailboat, Jack started making fine leather jewelry and selling his pieces at the nightly sunset celebration on Mallory Square. Shortly after, the family opened Local Color. Always evolving, the Andersons designed their own clothing for the tropics and Key West customized jewelry collections. Today, you can see all of these influences when you shop at Local Color. Spoil your loved one this Valentine’s Day by stopping by their gorgeous store and picking up a gift that your sweetheart will never forget!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Yelp | TripAdvisor | Web
Images provided by SV Argo Navis, Calypso Sailing , Turtle Kraals & Wild Dolphin Adventures